Sue Langley, creator of the world’s first government accredited Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing, summarizes Positive Psychology through 5 key principles:
1) Abundance – using the abundance lens helps people to thrive
2) Virtues and strengths – building on strengths and how to develop them further can only make us flourish
3) Positive deviance – we should strive to reprogram our instinctive human negative bias and focus on the positive
4) Flourishing and languishing – as they are not opposites, people should work on both these points at the same time
5) Happiness and wellbeing – there are 5 main factors to develop known as PERMA: positive emotions, engagement, relationships, meaning and accomplishment.